You can try to follow steps mention below to see if they help:
1) Open Server Explorer (View -> Server Explorer)
2) The Server Explorer should show up on the left hand side of the IDE
3) Right click on "Data Connections" and select "Add Connection". Choose 'Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)' in the Data source filed in the prompted dialog.
4) Enter the Server Name in the first textbox (do not use the drop down box). MS SQL Server name can be found in the database manager section of the control panel.
5) Specify the log on mode based on your database
7) Select your database from the dropdown list.
8) Click "Ok"
9) Once connected, you should see a new entry in the Data Connections Section .
In addition, you could also post it on Data Platform Development Forum(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/dataplatformdev) so you can get better and
quicker response as this forum here is for the setup and installation of visual studio.
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at