I've seen some articles on creating a VPC on Windows 7 and there seems to be different ways of doing this. One way is to use VPC 2007. There might be something special for Windows 7 that was not available for earlier OS'es (My host OS is therefore Windows 7
and my guest OS will be Windows Server 2008 R2). At work we have Windows 7 Professional. What I would like to find out is:
1. Should I use VPC 2007 on a Windows 7 machine? I want to install Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, and then TFS2010.
2. Is there a special VPC mode on a Windows 7 machine that I should use instead?
3. Once I get my VPC set up, can that virtual machine be connected to from other machines on our work network? I want to be able to have others machines connect to the TFS2010 on this VPC.
4. Are there any good documents that I could follow to set up this VPC?
5. Is there an existing VPC with TFS2010 RTM?
thanks in advance!