Home » SQL Server

IP Switching - "Web test requests were not bound to either the correct IP address for IP switching"


I have setup IP Switching and the load appears to be balancing across my webservers. However, when i stop the loadtest, teh following error appers in the errors grid in VS.

"nnnnnn Web test requests were not bound to either the correct IP address for IP switching, or the correct port number for network emulation, or both".

I have enabled the agent tracing and viewed the log but all looks correct. No errors are reported in the log and the URLs are be bound to the IP's in the range i have specified.

Has anybody seen this error before?




3 Answers Found


Answer 1

Hello Richard,

I have not ever seem such an issue before and now that there is no specific error  in log, I think this may not be easy to directly point out the cause.

You may verify whether all agents have been applied VS2008 SP1, do remember that you have to re-apply SP1 if you install controller or agents on machine which has already applied SP1.

If these all not help, you may take the following steps:

a)     Try to run devenv /ResetSettings (in command prompt) to eliminate the related potential settings problem.

b)     Try disabling Add-ins (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) or run “devenv.exe /SafeMode”.This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems. (For more detailed VS command line switches information, see: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xee0c8y7.aspx )

c)     Try creating a new project. Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems. These are project specific.

d)     Try to reboot the operating system to safe mode. This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio. Note that some features (like IIS) are not available under safe mode. Please check whether this can be applied or not. In addition to safe mode, we can also try “clean boot”: How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 .

e)      Try to create a new user account. This can help isolate user profile corruption related causes.


Answer 2

Hi Edwer,

I think i've got to the bottom of it. The problem only occurs if both of the following are true.

1. Use a datasource (CSV) for the Request URL and......

2. You stop  the test  before it has completed.

The following error  is displayed "nnnnnn web  test requests  were not bound  to either the correct  IP address  for IP switching, or the correct port  number for network  emulation, or both".

I have replicated the problem on two different (VS2010, Controller, Agent) setups so it isn't a project/config/corruption issue.



Answer 3


Well, based on your descriptions, this seems to be an issue. Could you please submit this issue on Connect for improving the quality and impacting the direction of Microsoft products.

Thanks for your understanding.



<< Previous      Next >>

Microsoft   |   Windows   |   Visual Studio   |   Sharepoint   |   Azure