Home » .Net Framework

Managed SQL Server Installer has stopped working...

I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2008, i choosed SQL Server default feature installation. i am getting error at last stage of wizard...following is the description.. 

  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: setup100.exe
  Application Version: 10.50.1600.1
  Application Timestamp: 4bb6742c
  Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
  Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.4200
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4a9ee32d
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00000000001870b3
  OS Version: 6.0.6002.
  Locale ID: 16393

Please help me out i have tried the installation for several times..



4 Answers Found


Answer 1


could you pls. paste the setup log (Summary.txt)? It can be found in path like

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Setup Bootstrap\Log\"





Answer 2

I had a similar issue trying to install  either Cumulative Update 1 or 2 - and I found the cause was the new DotNet FrameWork 4.

I renamed my v4.0.30319 directory to BAD in both C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 and C:\Windows\Mirosoft.NET\Framework .

One I did that - the installer  worked fine.


Answer 3

I couldn't get past the Setup Support Files installation without Joseph's workaround.  I then renamed the folders back to normal right before clicking the final install  button .. else I got a "couldn't find ...\machine.config" file.


Answer 4

I've found now that I have the same problem trying to update sql  2008 SP1 with CU9.

I've filed a bug on the issue:  https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/573043/sql-server-2008-r2-cumulative-updates-wont-install-with-dotnet-framework-4-0-30319




<< Previous      Next >>

Microsoft   |   Windows   |   Visual Studio   |   Sharepoint   |   Azure