Sorry for the double posting. Dont know what happened, I thought I only posted once, but it showed up twice, thats weird!
I am a newbie so please bear with me. I still cant wrap my head around this behavior. Let me try to clarify, the data is not being updated within the code. Here are the steps:
1. I run my application (pressing F5) in visual studio.
2. i retrieve a list of employee records by calling the web service and see wrong data.
3. i stop the application in visual studio
4. in management studio, i updated one employee in the database manually, lets say i changed birthdate for employeeID 5 from 1/8/2000 to 7/25/2000
5. i run the application again, pulling up exactly the same records using the same web service, birthdate for employeeID 5 still shows 1/8/2000.
I should see 7/25/2000, no?