1. Got a new machine (Windows 2008 R2 for TFS 2010 upgrade, i.e. our new App server): Installed TFS 2010 on it (with upgrade mode). Got TFS Database restored in a new SQL 2008 R2 cluster (from SQL 2005).
2. Installation/Upgrade/WSS3.0+SP2 etc things all looks good. Hello world standalone application is successful (as I installed (temporarily) TFS Build service on App server as well).
3. Now, While opening "Team Explorer" I'm seeing that things looks good but the following:
- An "Existing" Project name called: Giga. In the current live environment, sharepoint site link for this project is:
http://tfs.current.server/sites/Giga and it
works fine. But, after the upgrade, this link on the upgraded machine is:
http://tfs.new.server/sites/Giga BUT this link doesn't exist. Getting: the following
error: "The Webpage cannot be found".
- On the new upgraded machine (App server), when i visit:
http://tfs.new.server/sites/DefaultCollection (AKA -
http://tfs.new.server/sites/DefaultCollection/_layouts/settings.aspx) This page (with both links) comes up fine.
- I created a new project: Giga_scm_tools in TFS 2010 upgraded machine. Sharepoint link for this newly created project (on upgraded machine) is:
1. Why the sharepoint site link for an exisitng project "giga" (which/whose database got migrated from TFS 2008/SQL 2005 ---to---> TFS 2010/SQL 2008 is still
(I mean, I know the server in the above path changed, BUT why "DefaultCollection" which is showing up in the sharepoint site path for a newly created project is NOT coming/showing up for an existing/old project). Do I
need to make any changes to tell sharepoint site central administration page/settings that "insert" "DefaultCollection" in the sharepoint site path for all the projects which got upgraded from TFS2008/SQL 2005 ---to---> TFS2010/SQL2008 ?? or what.
2. Reports Server site's main page "path" on existing/live TFS server is:
http://tfs.current.server/reports and its working fine. The same on the new machine (TFS2010) is "same" and running fine too. BUT, in Team Explorer, under project "giga", I'm seeing some new reports names
which are different than the reports that show up in Team Explorer (if I use "tfs.current.server" as my TFS App server). In current tfs server, I used "Scrum v2.2.x.x" for "giga" project creation.
Does this mean that I need to install "Scrum" on the new tfs server as well? to get or see the same "reports names" in Team explorer (whose TFS app server is "tfs.new.server")???? Why the reports didn't get upgraded/carried to this project when TFS got upgraded
to TFS 2010 / SQL 2008 (from TFS 2008/SQL 2005).