This happened with mine as well. I had originally installed Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate RC. I then uninstalled it to install the final build.
During the setup, I would get "The operation could not be completed" messages. This occurs during:
VSA_Setup_x86 (not 100% sure of name) Crystal Report Templates ASP.NET MVC 2 - Visual Studio 2010 Tools
I then attempted a repair and that did not fix the problem since the same error comes up. I then tried the update method (instructions below). This did not help either although I believe it manged to install the crystal report templates. However, the error now occurs at:
DevEnv_Setup_x86_enu ASP.NET MVC 2 - Visual Studio 2010 Tools
Does anyone have a solution yet?
1. Run Programs And Features from the control panel.
2. Attempt to uninstall VS2010 to bring up setup menu.
3. Select Add/Change Program instead of uninstall.
4. Uncheck each checked item.
- The update buttons should be available.
5. Re-check each item you just unchecked.
6. Press the Update button.
7. Let it run and do it's thing.