Problem in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit running IE8 32bit. The exact same scenarios work perfectly in 2000 Standard, and 2003 (R2) Standard, and XP Pro SP2-3 which are 32bit, running IE8. These are Terminal Servers for our remote sales
We have a Java live chat application (hosted, 3rd party, cannot modify) in which an embedded IE will contain our starting sales page for sales reps. It has a SQL lookup functionality, and displays some customer info. This works fine everywhere. Buttons
on that screen for connecting to our phone system, and adding result codes to customer files also work fine everywhere.
One button that opens the full customer screen in its own window (opens small about:blank window that generates code to open the customer screen) will not work. It gives "An error has occurred in a script on this page" - "Server Execution Failed".
If I copy the starter page URL from the embedded IE, and paste it in a standard IE, then everything works with no issues. This problem only exists when run from an embedded IE, and we MUST use that embedded IE.
We managed a first step around this: Get customer screen to load in the first about:blank window, not have it generate code to open another window with parameters. This will allow the customer screen to open without error. HOWEVER, any page refresh (drop
down boxes, etc.) cause another script error, but with "Object Expected" instead of "Server Execution Failed", and any button that opens another page (for billing info, etc.) cause the original error again.
Again, everything works perfectly fine if initiated from a standard IE, but we get all these errors when initiated from embedded IE. What am I missing? We can't afford the time to re-develop all of our sales rep screens to jump through random hoops that
this is throwing at us.
Seen same problem with embeded IE on forum for Outlook2007, but no solution: http://www.msofficeforums.com/outlook/2097-error-has-occurred-script-page.html
We have tried Java 6 update 7, Java 6 update 22. Opened any security settings that seemed at all possibly related (not much for settings in Java).
Have tried IE settings reset to default, set to minimum, and set to exact same settings as have on all other servers/desktops.
The "Disable debugging" settings, and the "Show all script errors" are all set so we should not even see these errors, but somehow they still show up. These have been set by group policy, group policy preferences, and manually setting while logged in.
Had McAfee ToPS service, but uninstalled during testing, no change.
Either related to crazy unknown security settings that do not take effect in embedded IE, or something 64bit related with embedded IE. Have checked processes during testing, and they are always *32 bit (both iexplore and iembed).
I will accept any solution or workaround, but it needs to be called from within the Java application embedded structure.
Thanks a bunch,Read more...